What the heck is FORGE
As we have been spreading the word about FORGE we have gotten a lot of questions about what to expect at FORGE, so we have a series of three blog posts that shed some light on why we think this will be the greatest Labor Day of your life! Check out Part 1 here, Part 2 here, or the general info page here.
PART 3 – CAMP
What the heck is FORGE? It’s intensely fun, it’s Jesus-focused, and it’s camp. This means cabins, lake, campfires, and awesome food. Seriously though, we will actually have awesome food. If you’ve never been to a camp, stayed at a camp, or seen a camp before, we got your back. Here’s some essentials you’ll need for the weekend, given that we are staying in cabins by a lake.
- Bible, journal, pen
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Towel & toiletries
- Bug spray
- Closed-toed shoes
- Light Jacket
- Clothes to get dirty in!!!
In addition to this, you will want to pack some GOOFY clothes according to this year’s theme “OLYMPIC GAMES“. A few days before the retreat, everyone who registered will get an email with what team you are on, and you will want to pack accordingly! Shirts, shorts, socks, bandanas, capes, and so on… DO NOT COME WITHOUT THIS STUFF! You will regret it… For at least 3 days…
If you were thinking sloppy joe’s for every meal, you can let out a sigh of relief now…
- Breakfast – Oatmeal w/toppings, eggs/biscuits/bacon, and a fruit bar
- Lunch – Sandwich (turkey/Swiss, ham/cheddar, hamburger, etc.) w/chips, dessert and a salad bar
- Dinner – Meat/main entre, 2 sides/veggies, bread/roll, dessert, and a salad bar
ARRIVE SAT 9/5 @ 10 AM – Registration at the camp is from 10-11:00 AM on Saturday morning, so that means you need to leave Austin around 8:00-8:30 AM. If you want to carpool, you can leave your car at the LFMC to ride with someone else (you will need to organize this yourself).
DEPART MON 9/7 @ 11 AM – We will be done around 11:00 AM on Monday morning, and we will head home after that! So you can be back in Austin around 1:00 PM, and then take a long nap.
DIRECTIONS – Here is the address, but Google Maps and Apple Maps DO NOTalways do an amazing job getting you there. Seriously. So here’s an actual map to look at, and some directions below too. You can use your hi-tech map device to get you into Rosebud, but then you should switch to old-fashioned map and directions. It’s about 1.5 hours from Austin.
Forest Glen Springs
557 County Road 331
Rosebud, TX 76570
- Drive north on 35 to Temple and exit Hwy 53 East to Rosebud
- Turn right on US 77 and go into downtown Rosebud
- Turn left on Main St. and then as the road curves to the left, follow the road to FM 1048
- Turn right on FM 1048 and go to FM 2027
- Turn left (north) and follow FM 2027 to CR 333
- Turn right on CR 333, follow to CR 331, curve left and follow it to the entrance of Forest Glen Springs.
We encourage you to CARPOOL! Get some friends together and drive up there together, jam out to awesome music, stop at Buc-ee’s, and get the fun started even as you hit the road. We will have some groups meeting at 8:30 AM at the LFMC to head out from there (you can leave your car there), but it’s on you to figure out your ride situation.
We can’t wait to see you there! Register here before August 31!